2) I feel more into being in my 40’s now than I did yesterday when I was only 41
3) I think I gave up
4) I no longer call it “giving up” I call it “maturing”
5) Peri-menopause is a bitch
6) Memories from childhood that I thought would always be able to be recalled are just gone
7) Waking up early is no longer an issue
8) I have peed my pants more since being in my 40’s than I ever did when I was potty training
And since I can only count to 8, here’s 8 more
1) My grey hairs are still pretty novel
2) Being the “cool mom” is no longer a thought in my head
3) My gallbladder hurts if I eat fast food
4) Putting on jeans constitutes a Special Occasion
5) I found a Basic Bitch hairstyle and I am rockin it.
6) I stopped worrying about boys and now only worry about 401k’s and Restless Leg Syndrome
7) I am watching my mother turn into my grandma and I see me turning into my mom and I think it is fascinating
8) Things that would have sent me into a panic attack when I was 37 don’t even phase me now…like dog puke, a dirty dish in with the clean dishes, dropping a wash cloth I am using on the floor of the tub…
The last 8 things are
1) I have learned that nothing lasts forever and that is a very good thing
2) That I am still being taken care of and I am only ever alone as I want to be
3) That material things really don’t matter to me even though I tried to make them matter for many many many years
4) I feel like myself again
5) Car exhaust and cigarette smoke piss me off to the extreme
6) I feel flaky most of the time, like my brain is fuzzy and I wonder if that is a serious problem but then it doesn’t seem to matter much
7) I forget pretty much every single stitch of drama so I can’t hold a grudge anymore.
8) 42 is a good number, it’s going to be a great age and I’m happy I made it this far!
That’s my list of things….think HuffPo will want it? Then Terry Gross could interview me about my super freaktastic blog and then my life would be relatively complete…
Happy Birthday Jesus and Me and Roy…pretty cool how we were all born on the same day and all have connections to theater…
Ok, good night…and if anyone sees my birth mom tell her 42 is going great!!!!